Disclaimer: I do not benefit in any way from the shops or any links featured here, and this is definitely not a sponsored post. They are just my collection of thoughts, which hopefully can help you this Christmas season.
Christmas- The Most Magical time of the year, or so they say. There is an excellent opportunity to spend EXTRA time with family, friends, and the little ones running around the house during this Christmas Season.
But, also the most stressful time of the year, I can say. Figuring out what your family, wants, and needs for Christmas. Buying those gifts (Thank Goodness for online shopping- Time Saver) try your best to hide those gifts, Wrap the presets and then surprise your family or friends on Christmas morning.
I want to make your life a little easier this holiday season by giving you a few ideas of things you can get your little loves for the holidays, something that they will love and use all year long.
There are so many ideas out there for gift giving for the little ones. Target and Walmart are packed with toys and choices. Amazon makes it so much easier for every gift to get to their home in 2 days with prime membership. But I want to give you THE ULTIMATE idea of a gift, something that is more than just " well, I hope she/he will like this gift."
I put together two lists of gifts for your little girls, one for 2-4-year-old and one for 5-8-year-olds. One of the lists is from small shops, and one is from a regular store like Target, Walmart, or Amazon.
If you like unique and one of a kind gifts going the small shop route is a perfect way. Nearly all small shops make their own items by hand, most of the time from their homes, and, more specifically, their living room.
When I think SMALL SHOPS, I think perfect unique small gifts that do not cost a fortune and the children can enjoy. These small gifts are special, they are made with love and care, and each order placed means the world to the creator and their families. Each time you buy from a small shop, a regular person just like you and me does a little happy dance of joy.
2-4-Year-old Little Girls Gift Guide
1. Hand Made animals from @cuddleandkind. These dolls are perfect for gift-giving because they are made from Fabric/ Knitted and can last a long time. Your little ones can make such great memories with their dolls/ Animals, and on top of that for every toy you purchase, Cuddle and Kind donate 10 Meals to children in need
2. Find a small shop like this on @timbersprouttoys who carries the perfect wood toys. Wood toys are such an excellent way of learning how to put blocks one on top of another and make castles. They don't always have to be colorful. Let your child Imagination run wild.
3. The third and last thing from a small shop, for your 2-3-year-old little love, are the bows, of course, how can we forget about the bows. They are the perfect accessories for every occasion and are so small that they fit right in their stocking.
Any two or three-year-old LOVESSSS to play in the kitchen or pretend, and this way, you will get them something they will love for months to come.
1. The first gift that came in mind was this beautiful Ikea kitchen. It is on sale right now, and if you have an IKEA near you, you scored big time. Also, they have some great Kitchen accessories, like these pots and pans, even some sturdy kitchen utensils.
2. Learning Legos- These LeapFrog Legos are perfect for their always growing memory and imagination. While they play endless hours with these Legos, they can learn the colors and the alphabet at the same time.
This gift idea is unique, it goes a long way with the same sense of exploring and learning. Sometimes 2-3-year-old little girls love to spend time with us, literally glued on us.
3. This set of Calico Critters will provide them with entertainment and playtime for an extended time.
5-8-Year-old Little Girls Gift Guide
Onto finding out what 5-8-year-old girls would want, or like. (They are so picky at this age, that they cannot make up their mind, and will change their gift idea as often as they change their socks). At this age, they are very opinionated and know a thing or two about fashion… or they want to think so.
Let's look at the small shops and see what they can do for us for this season's gifting…
1. You can never go wrong with a hand made fabric doll. They still do play with them. @Buttercup_LemmonDrop has the perfect ones for this age.
2. Accessories never looked better on them, right?? Now that everyone is into JOJO and big bows, these maxi bows are a perfect size.
3. Also, purses, a unique hand made purse is just the right thing to surprise them this season.
Let's support a small shop this season if we can, we will make their days and lives easier, trust me. I tell you from experience.
1. One thing that is fashionable between 5 and 8-year-old girls right now is the EAR MUFS. And if they are pink or purple, it is even better.
This pair of earmuffs from Kohl's is the best, they are so soft, fashionable, and at a reasonable price. Your little one will love them.
2. And while we are there, has your little girl ever tell you she wants to be a Youtuber, or a Vlogger, or someone that takes pictures (Insert Face Palm Here) .. Yah, I know how that goes; I have one of my own. In that case, get them a camera, like a polaroid for beginners where they can take endless pictures, or a very beginner's camera to record themselves around the house, and not steal your phone anymore.
3. Another thing that is so in style amongst 1st and 2nd graders are the endless KEYCHAINS, you know what I am talking about, those dangling things that hang from every 1st and 2nd graders backpack.
These gifts ideas can be perfect for stocking stuffers because they are small and very inexpensive. ( Yes the camera fits in a stocking stuffer, I've tried it).
I hope this was helpful to you, and I made your shopping a little bit easier.
Because these kids have everything literally, there is one thing that they always ask for, "SPEND MORE TIME WITH ME." Alongside with the gifts, you plan on gifting them, let us try this season to spend more quality time to listen to them and be in their presence.
Thank you so much for reading and please let me know your thoughts, ideas and how I can make this better.
Engage with me on Instagram at @breilee.co